Beans' Role In Gluten Free Diet - 2012
-Beans are one of nature’s hidden treasures. Being economical, having not only a long shelf-life but a good source of protein, complex carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, no wonder beans-beans are good for your heart.
- Beans - Saving Money - 2012
- Why spend money on supplements when you can save money and buy beans?
- Beans and Flatulence: Fact or Fiction - 2012
- Beans give you gas, is it true or false? Learn how to prepare beans and reduce the risk for embarrassing flatulence.
- Beans and Legumes Cooking Chart with Recipes! - 2012
-Learn how to prepare all sorts of beans and view recipes from our CSA test kitchen experts!
Oats in the gluten-free diet
Guide to Oats - 2009 Oats Research
-Oats appear to be suitable for most people with celiac disease and gluten-related disorders, but not all. Medical experts advise waiting until symptoms have resolved before introducing pure, uncontaminated oats (labeled gluten-free). For some, this could mean delaying the introduction of oats for a year or longer…
- Celiac Disease Defined - Oat Intolerance - 2004
-Celiac disease is a small intestinal inflammatory disorder characterized by malabsorption, nutrient deficiency, and a range of clinical manifestations. It is caused by an inappropriate immune response to dietary gluten and is treated with a gluten-free diet. Recent feeding studies have indicated…
- Celiac Disease Defined - “Spelt Is Wheat” - 2012
-The two major wheat species used for food production are bread wheat and durum wheat. However, other types of wheat were cultivated and consumed historically, and are still marketed today.
Sorghum is a gluten-free grain
- 2012 Nebraska State Fair - Sorghum Recipes - 2012
-The Celiac Support Association would like to share these Gluten-Free recipes originally published for the 2012 Nebraska State Fair. Click the name of the recipe to access the recipe in our database.
- Preparing for Disaster - 2012
-Natural disasters and medical emergencies are sometimes an unfortunate occurrence in the life of a celiac. Preparing for a disaster can help reduce stress and maintain health.
- Celiac Centers - 2013
-Locate a Celiac Center closest to you.