CSA Mission Statement
ARTICLE II. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES 2013 by-laws
Section 1. Purpose. CSA/USA, Inc., an educational and service organization for (a) individuals with celiac disease and related conditions and (b) parents of children with those conditions, serves the following objectives:
- To provide and actively disseminate educational materials on celiac disease and gluten related disorders to individuals with such condition, their families, health care professionals and other interested persons.
- To serve as a vehicle for providing mutual support opportunities to individuals with celiac disease and related conditions, and parents of children with those conditions by, among other things, encouraging, establishing and supporting volunteer units for such individuals throughout the country.
- To keep abreast of and publicize current research on gluten related disorders.
- To provide information about the clinical diet recommendations for celiac disease and gluten related disorders.
- To work with both industry and government to improve labeling practices for ingredients which affect individuals with celiac disease and gluten related disorders.
- To exchange information and sponsor programs with other public and private organizations relative to celiac disease and gluten related disorders.
- To solicit funds through memberships, private and corporate donations, foundation and estate contributions for the purpose of supporting the above-referenced programs and activities. Revised and Restated Bylaws of the Celiac Sprue Association 2013 (Celiac Support Association.)